Title: Communications/Digital Intern
Location: Hybrid of some remote and some in-person in Hamilton, New Jersey office
Term of Position: July - December 2023 (26 weeks); possibility for extension
Schedule and Compensation: 15 hours per week, Part-time, $15/hour
Reports to: Communications Director and Senior Director of Digital Engagement
New Jersey League of Conservation Voters (New Jersey LCV) is seeking a part-time Communications and Digital Intern to support media relations and digital advocacy activities during the Summer and Fall of 2023 (approximately July through December 2023). The Intern will be integral to the organization’s efforts to reach, educate, and engage new audiences through traditional and new media outreach, as well as to support our messaging efforts through written documentation.
New Jersey LCV is a bi-partisan organization whose mission is to elect environmental champions, hold public officials accountable, and support laws which protect our environment and improve the quality of people’s lives.
● Update media lists and monitor media mentions.
● Research and help draft opinion articles, news releases, letters to the editor, media statements, email alerts, and social media posts on topics related to the environment, especially climate change, environmental justice, open space preservation, and stormwater management.
● Research media contacts and conduct outreach for some of the state public affairs shows on TV and radio.
● Conduct research for digital advocacy campaigns, including identifying appropriate hashtags and social media influencers.
● Develop digital kits, graphics, videos, and other content to help amplify our organization’s priorities.
● Identify and develop social media campaigns in partnership with organizations across the state.
● Monitor and record digital stats across platforms and campaigns.
● Help maintain organization’s visual assets.
● Excellent oral and written communication skills
● Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
● Personable, dependable team player
● Ability to work efficiently, accurately, and collaboratively, and to manage short and long-term deadlines.
● Ability to work remotely using your own phone and computer.
● Familiarity with social media platforms, Google Apps, Microsoft Office and design programs.
● Commitment to environmental conservation, or interest in political work preferred.
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a paid, part-time internship and we are happy to work with interns for college credit. Interns will receive direct experience working within the conservation community at one of New Jersey’s leading conservation organizations. Compensation for this position is $15 an hour, and for 15 hours/week. Letters of recommendation will be available upon request. Opportunities for full-time employment at New Jersey LCV do occasionally occur and interns are eligible to apply.
How to Apply:
The candidate must have reliable transportation, a cell phone, and a computer for the position. Interns will work remotely, as well as come to our office in Hamilton New Jersey (ideally) at least once a week, and attend events as needed. It is required that all employees upon hire either: (i) establish they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and its variants; or (ii) obtain an approved exemption as an accommodation, the process for which is provided by the Human Resources Department.
Interested candidates should send their resume, cover letter, and three references (character, academic, or professional) to Michelle Peal at email@example.com. When applying for this position, please put “Communications and Digital Media Intern” in the subject line.
Deadline for submission: Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, until the position is filled.
New Jersey LCV is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, genetics, disability, age, marital status, familial status, domestic partnership status, civil union status, pregnancy, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait status, or veteran status.