Title: Development Associate
Reports to: Senior Director of Development
Status: Full Time, Non-Exempt
New Jersey League of Conservation Voters is a bi-partisan, non-profit organization that protects our precious natural resources by raising awareness of key environmental challenges; increasing the efficacy of the environmental community; helping elect environmentally responsible candidates to state and local offices; advocating for strong environmental policies; and ensuring accountability to safeguard the health of our communities, the beauty of our state, and the strength of our economy.
We are committed to, and incorporate into all our work, the goal of helping establish a just, inclusive, and equitable environmental future for New Jersey. We work with, learn from, and support overburdened and low-income communities in order to educate the public, co-create social change, and advocate for policy outcomes that address environmental injustices.
o Maintain and grow a gifts portfolio with a focus on existing donors and prospects, rated at $500+ through face-to-face meetings, events and other activities. Conduct an average of 10 qualified contacts per month. Meet fundraising metrics for proposals, closed gifts and dollars raised in accordance with established annual goals.
o Develop a donor engagement, communication and solicitation calendar.
o Assist Senior Director with existing giving program; conducting research and prospecting.
o Utilize EveryAction Donor Management System to record and maintain all donor activities.
o Develop and demonstrate a thorough understanding of our mission, goals and programs.
• Cultivation and stewardship events program
o Plan and implement a growing calendar of events around the state, including 8-10 PAC House Party fundraisers.
o Work collaboratively with volunteer host committees and board members to develop tailored fundraising events, budgets and outreach strategies; track and report on expenditures.
o Draft donor stewardship materials in relation to events strategies, logistics and growth.
o In coordination with Senior Director, recruit individual, organizational and business event sponsors.
o Ensure that our events provide an inclusive space for our diverse audiences.
o Collaborate with Development Assistant on all activities.
• Participate in department and organization-wide planning and activities
o Assist in the development of annual fundraising goals, metrics and work plans
o Assist with building the internal budget for the department
o Participate in staff meetings, strategic planning and retreats
o Participate in conferences and trainings with national partner, the League of Conservation Voters
• Other duties as assigned
• Some experience in previous nonprofit fundraising, events or related experience; with a proven track record of working successfully with individuals, corporations and foundations
• Commitment to our vision, mission and values including increasing and integrating racial diversity, justice and equity into our work and organizational culture
• Strong written and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills and a customer service focus
• Close attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
• Ability to work effectively on diverse teams, with a diverse range of people, including volunteers and donors
• A self-starter, comfortable in a team environment with colleagues in office and remote locations
• Ability to travel for staff meetings, events, conferences and donor meetings
• A proven track record of raising funds from individuals, corporations and foundations desired
• Experience with Microsoft office and donor management software preferred
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: This is a full-time position with a hybrid work structure based in Hamilton, NJ and remotely. Travel throughout the State is necessary so a valid driver’s license and access to a car are required, and this person must be able to maintain a flexible schedule common to fundraising. It is also required that all employees upon hire either: (i) establish they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and its variants; or (ii) obtain an approved exemption as an accommodation, the process for which is provided by the Human Resources Department.
SALARY: $40,000 - $50,000
To apply: Please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Donor Relations Associate” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
New Jersey LCV is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, genetics, disability, age, marital status, familial status, domestic partnership status, civil union status, pregnancy, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait status, or veteran status.