Title: Events, Fundraising and Operations Intern
Location: Likely hybrid of some remote and some in-person in Hamilton, New Jersey office
Term of Position: January - June 2024 (26 weeks); possibility for extension
Schedule and Compensation: 15 hours per week, Part-time, $15/hour
Reports to: Development Assistant and Operations Associate
New Jersey League of Conservation Voters (New Jersey LCV) is seeking a part-time Events, Fundraising and Operations Intern to support the Development and HR/Operations departments during the Summer/Fall of 2023. The Intern will be integral to the organization’s efforts to research, manage, and cultivate our donors and members, as well as to support operations efforts, especially through written documentation.
New Jersey LCV is a bi-partisan organization whose mission is to elect environmental champions, hold public officials accountable, and support laws which protect our environment and improve the quality of people’s lives.
● Assist operations and development teams with organization’s grant management process.
● Identify potential posting sites for open jobs that will expand diversity of candidate pools, in alignment with DEIJ guidelines and objectives.
● Help maintain recruitment and other data tracking reports that align with our diversity goals.
● Assist with internal scheduling and follow-up; staff communications and departmental projects.
● Help further develop onboarding tools, educational materials and media resources to enhance the new hire orientation process.
● Other duties as assigned.
EVENTS AND DEVELOPMENT
● Assist Development department with major donor, foundation, and corporate prospect research.
● Prepare materials for meetings with current and prospective funders.
● Help maintain a database of donors and prospects, including regular data entry and cleanup.
● Assist in planning and executing fundraising and other donor events.
● Assist with mailings and gift acknowledgement, including drafting correspondence.
● Help draft fundraising email appeals for specific campaigns.
● Help plan for New Jersey LCV’s 2023 Gala by obtaining silent auction items, updating our online platforms, and securing gifts and registrations.
● Other duties as assigned.
● Excellent oral and written communication skills
● Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
● Personable, dependable team player
● Ability to work efficiently, accurately, and collaboratively; and to manage short-and long-term deadlines
● Ability to work remotely using your own phone and computer
● Familiarity with social media platforms, Google Apps, MS Office, and design programs
● Commitment to environmental conservation, or interest in political work preferred
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a paid, part-time internship and we are happy to work with interns for college credit. Interns will receive direct experience working within the conservation community at one of New Jersey’s leading conservation organizations. Compensation for this position is $15 an hour. Letters of recommendation will be available upon request. Opportunities for full-time employment at New Jersey LCV do occasionally occur and interns are eligible to apply.
How to Apply:
The candidate must have reliable transportation, a cell phone, and a computer for the position. Interns will work remotely, as well as come to our office in Hamilton New Jersey (ideally) at least once a week, and attend events as needed. It is required that all employees upon hire either: (i) establish they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and its variants; or (ii) obtain an approved exemption as an accommodation, the process for which is provided by the Human Resources Department.
Interested candidates should send their resume, cover letter, and three references (character, academic, or professional) to Jen Giovanniello at email@example.com. When applying for this position, please put “Events, Fundraising and Operations Intern” in the subject line.
Deadline for submission: Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, until the position is filled.
New Jersey LCV is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, genetics, disability, age, marital status, familial status, domestic partnership status, civil union status, pregnancy, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait status, or veteran status.