Title: Executive Assistant
Reports to: Executive Director & Chief Operating Officer
Status: Non-exempt, Full-Time
New Jersey League of Conservation Voters Education Fund and New Jersey League of Conservation Voters (NJLCV) are bi-partisan, non-profit organizations that protect our precious natural resources by raising awareness of key environmental challenges; increasing the efficacy of the environmental community; helping elect environmentally responsible candidates to state and local offices; advocating for strong environmental policies; ensuring accountability to safeguard the health of our communities, the beauty of our state, and the strength of our economy.
NJLCV seeks a full-time Executive Assistant with primary responsibility for the day to day support of the Executive Director, and secondarily, of the Operations Division. This position Is responsible for key aspects of time and meeting management for the Executive Director (ED), acts as a liaison between the ED and the rest of the organization, and provides additional operational support as requested and workload allows.
• Manage and coordinate the ED’s calendar and work in tandem with him to schedule appointments and events, confirm calendar invites and attendance, respond to invitations received, and keep him and the senior management team advised of his availability and upcoming appointments. In addition:
• Prepare all meeting materials and packets in advance of appointments and meetings
• Prepare any travel arrangements as necessary
• Book reservations and other outside meeting arrangements as necessary
• Review, assess, reroute, answer and monitor follow up action steps on correspondence
• Oversee ED’s expense reports, receipt collection and submission, and credit card usage
• Coordinate ED’s files, paperwork, and other documents, ensuring storage and tracking is setup and accessible (both paper and digital items)
• Assist Operations in strategic plan progress monitoring, in consultation with designated staff
• Oversee credit card receipt tracking process for organization
• Attend staff meetings; maintain and distribute meeting minutes for All Staff and Lead Team sessions
• Maintain inventory of basic office supplies and place orders for replenishment
• Manage the Weekly Summary Report process; file weekly versions with HR and distribute Supervisor summaries to ED
• Assist with the preparation and execution of board and board committee meetings, as well as the drafting and finalizing of official minutes
• Assist Operations with planning and logistics for staff-wide trainings, meetings & retreats
• Other duties as assigned
• Minimum 1-2 years prior office environment and administrative experience required
• Demonstrated ability to organize, coordinate, prioritize and implement work plans
Skills and Qualifications:
• Commitment to environmental conservation and equity
• Demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal and time management skills
• Highly organized, self-directed, dependable team player
• Ability to juggle multiple tasks and deadlines in fast-paced work environment
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite software
This is a full-time position based in Hamilton, NJ. It is required that all employees upon hire either: (i) establish they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and its variants; or (ii) obtain an approved exemption as an accommodation, the process for which is provided by the Human Resources Department.
Salary Range: $40,000 - $55,000 annually, commensurate with experience, plus generous benefits package.
To Apply: Please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to Jobs@njlcv.org with “Executive Assistant” in the subject line. No phone calls please. Applications reviewed on a rolling basis.