Position: Part-Time Paid Canvassers
Employment type: Temporary, from March 2023 - May 2023
Pay: $17.00 per hour canvassing
Hours 10AM-8PM, flexible
New Jersey League of Conservation Voters is a bi-partisan, non-profit organization that protects our precious natural resources by raising awareness of key environmental challenges; increasing the efficacy of the environmental community; helping elect environmentally responsible candidates to state and local offices; advocating for strong environmental policies; and ensuring accountability to safeguard the health of our communities, the beauty of our state, and the strength of our economy.
New Jersey League of Conservation Voters is seeking reliable, part-time canvassers to educate residents in Union and Middlesex counties on the benefits of community solar.
Job is a temporary position with flexible hours, and work will be completed in Elizabeth, Woodbridge, East Brunswick or any other community in Union or Middlesex counties.
- Weekly check-in with team to set weekly goals
- Canvassing door-to-door to educate residents about community solar, and distributing educational materials
- Communicating with interested residents
- Filling out weekly reports to send to team
- Comfortable with talking to the public, walking neighborhoods, and knocking on doors to engage residents on community solar
- Well organized, self-motivated, and ability to work independently
- Strong verbal and customer service skills
- Campaign experience, volunteer experience, or working in communities of color is preferred but not required
- Being bilingual (particularly in Spanish) is a plus, but not required
- Must provide own transportation
- Passion about solar energy a plus
To apply, please fill out this Google Form.